Health Education Initiative (HEI) is a collaboration of VANGO Network, Project Vietnam Foundation (PVNF), the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and many organizations and individuals who care about children and their well-being.
- Provide local caregivers and teachers with high quality health education and access to updated CPR and first aid techniques for children.
- Create and facilitate a community-based child care network
- Ensure a safer environment for children
With underlying statistics that 20 children die from injuries in Vietnam everyday, and because a great percentage of preschool teachers and caregivers in Vietnam do not have pediatric first aid training, HEI Program created PedFACTs-Vietnam, a standardized and comprehensive pediatric first aid training program for caregivers and teachers, developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). HEI uses AAP’s PedFACTs as its framework to train first aid providers and instructors.
From 2010 through 2017, through HEI Program, we have trained 175 Instructors, 3,246 child caregivers, benefited 800,000+ children. In the year 2017, the program trained 32 Instructors, 1,339 child caregivers, benefited 300,000+ children.
For the year 2018, with VA NGO Network’s strategy on partnership & train-the-trainers, we have found new partnership in 2017 with Hoa Huong Duong Kindergarten, and our new trainers have established 2018’s program plan to organize 18 training events:
- 2 trainings for 60 participants in Binh Thanh District, HCM
- 2 trainings for 40 participants in Quang Nam
- 2 trainings for 60 participants in Tan Binh District, HCM
- 1 training for 30 participants in District 3, HCM
- 4 trainings for 80 participants in remote areas
- 2 trainings for 40 participants in Mam Non La Xanh
- 3 trainings for 160 participants in Hue
- 2 trainings for 80 participants in Vinh Long