Organized by VA NGO Network in collaboration with Children of Peace International, Pacific Links Foundation, Ninh Binh Project, and Our1World. Free Registration. Space is limited, please register early.
Monday, July 23 and Tuesday, July 24, 2007 – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Trung Tâm Bảo Trợ Trẻ Em
Tam Bình, Thủ Đức, Việt Nam
This is an important time in the educational history of Vietnam: Teachers, educators face a great challenge in creating educational activities that honor Vietnam’s culture, history and values and at the same time allow child care providers, teachers to grapple with new ideas and teaching techniques designed to give them a greater sense of mastery in their workplace. This training program will provide workshops and materials to help train teacher-trainers and VANGO staff and volunteers.
Goals of the program
- To stimulate the natural curiosity of children,
- To help meet the increasing demand of quality educational materials and training young children
Effective Communication – Presenting You!
Presenter: Bình Nguyễn Rybacki
Knowing how to present you is an important skill to succeed in society. This workshop is offered as part of the capacity building initiative by the VANGO Network. Participants will learn to list their marketable skills and present them by verbal or written method to enhance their professional growth. This workshop will be conducted as a two-day-long living inquiry into the relationship between learning and leading, applying the term leader to anyone who influences people and events.
- Develop a link between personal deep values and the ways they choose to affect people in the workplace
- Get practical ideas on:
- Building self esteem
- Developing reflective and thinking skills on a creative level
Learning through Play
Presenter: Nguyễn Tri Như Quỳnh
How does play prepare for learning? How can parents/teachers encourage children’s play? These hands-on workshops will address the importance of play. This series will help participants to explore a greater appreciation of art and enhanced language learning. It includes:
- Exploring science
- Using music to teach language
- Using poetry and story, we will work/play to bring the spoken words alive, filled with gesture, color, imagination, and life. Learn some of the basic elements of storytelling.
Practical Solutions for Difficult Learners
Presenter: Trần Kim Ánh
How can center, child care providers, and teachers include and teach children whose behaviour is challenging and disruptive? In this series of workshops participants will look at :
- Working with the Energies of Young Learners 3-11 year-olds
- Reasons why these children behave as they do
- Practical strategies for managing children in the classroom
Participants will get practical ideas on:
- Increasing children motivation and involvement
- Involving children in sharing and co-operation
Who should attend?
- Staff/volunteers of NGOs and grassroot organizations working in rural communities; school personnel and all personnel involved with education projects.
- Staff/Volunteers who want to sharpen their skills on how to present or talk to others and/or the media about their work and their nonprofit organizations
- Professionals who want to polish their presentation skills to increase capacity
About the presenters
Mrs. Bình Rybacki has spent over 20 years in the field of providing sales, marketing, media relations training etc. to companies, including big names like Hewlett Packard, Interleaf, Soroptimist International, high schools and colleges in the US. In 1993, she founded Children of Peace International (COPI). COPI provides funding for 14 orphanages and schools that serve more than 5,000 children; it organizes medical mission trips to the orphanages and to rural Vietnamese villages; it builds and supports medical facilities, schools, provides scholarships and micro-loans, and facilitates adoptions.
Ms. Nguyễn Tri Như Quỳnh has had more than ten years of teaching English as a Second Language in universities in Vietnam and about three years in Early Chidhood Education. She was trained by Bananas Inc and Pacific Links Foundation in ECE and since then has been actively participating in workshops for childcare providers in provinces in Vietnam including Hue, Da Nang and An Giang. Currently, Quynh is employed by An Giang University. Her responsibility includes teaching ESL, working on a project to build a bilingual childcare center for An Giang University and coordinating with PALS in the ADAPT program.
Mrs. Trần Kim Ánh has extensive experience in conducting Early Childhood & Care Education (ECCE) trainings for parents and teachers. Anh co-founded Pacific Links Foundation (PALS) in 2001. PALS provides numerous IT and ECCE training sessions for more than 2,000 ECE students, child care providers and teachers in Vietnam. PALS’s ADAPT program in collaboration with EMW and ICAN provides scholarships and vocational training for over 1,000 young women and girls at risk of becoming victims to international human trafficking.
About the Vietnamese American NGO Network
The Network’s mission is to strengthen its member’s abilities to have a broad impact in humanitarian and development work in Vietnam, by building a united voice on issues of common interest, delivering practical benefits and building capacity for member organizations