Seeds of Change: In the Best Interest of the Child
Online register here
Deadline: March 1, 2014
Huế: Wednesday March 5, 2014 ** 8:00am – 5:00pm ** Center for Humanity Education Hue City,
Nguyen Sinh Sac Street, Vy Da South Project Area, Hue, Vietnam
Vĩnh Long: Sunday – Monday, March 9 – 10, 2014 ** 8:00am – 5:00pm ** Bình Minh Town, Vĩnh Long Province, Vietnam
Seeds of Change: In the Best Interest of the Child is the theme for a series of on-demand workshops on social work, building self-esteem and child development, targeted to educators, counselors, and other childcare providers, with the goal of providing practical skills for successful living. The workshops are conducted by member organizations of the VA NGO Network for their local partners, staff and volunteers.
The following topics will be covered:
- Effective Communication
- Life Skills for Success: Top Tips for Communication Skills, Listening and Time Management
- Effective Life Skills- Empowering Youth for Success
- Wondering with children: The importance of observation in early education
- Brain Development for Children: Multi-Cultural Activities
- Understanding Children’s Temperament
- Learning through Play
- Supporting Physical Growth and Development in Young Children: Fun Games and Group Activities
- Building Healthy and Safe Communities, Making Healthy Choices
Workshop attendees will:
- Gain practical knowledge and skills on social work with children and families. Exploring ‘what works’ and promoting good practice bringing the community together with multicultural activities;
- Building understanding of leadership, capacity and capability issues for effective working with children and their families around the issue of mental health and emotional well-being; and,
- Develop a vision for advancing the field: What work is needed to refine and advance the field and its practice areas for social network and collaboration to promote the emotional health of children.
Who should attend?
- Members: 2 complimentary admissions, $15 per additional participant.
- Non-Members: $50 per participant.
Space is limited on a first-come, first–serve basis. Registration fee includes all training materials, lunches, and refreshments. Pre-Registration is required. Interested participants are required to confirm their attendance by completing the online Registration Form before March 1, 2014.
For further details, please contact to: Cathy Hà Lâm: 714-330-3589 (USA) * Dương Phan: 0906-958-939 (Việt Nam) or email@example.com; www.va-ngo.org